Author Topic: TAHOE PREP ACADEMY - FACTS  (Read 1194 times)

EmileSor

• View Profile
TAHOE PREP ACADEMY FACTS
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2019, 03:25:28 AM »
Interesting that hes already being listed as class of 2019 when he entered grade 9 this year. With the new NCAA rules on completing the mandatory courses in 4 years I wonder why its assumed he will stay in high school for 5 years?

Hockey_Dad#22

• View Profile
Re: TAHOE PREP ACADEMY - FACTS
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2019, 02:39:16 PM »
Tahoe Prep Academy:

Please define your basis for claiming "prep" status.

The term "prep school" generally describes an elite academic institution that offers both a classical education and a wide variety of options for extracurricular exploration.  It does not refer to a public school.

Prep schools are known for significant campus infrastructure, including amenities such as state of the art science buildings and performing arts centers (and, yes, athletic facilities for a variety of sports).  They produce and execute their own curriculum and boast of single digit faculty to student ratios - and unprecedented access to faculty because of the residential nature of their institutions. They are places for great intellect to develop in a community.

While I can absolutely concur with Tahoe Hockey Academy branding itself as a "hockey academy" that offers, like Delta Hockey Academy or Pursuit of Evidence, an opportunity to block an educational platform and a developmental hockey platform - and leave it in the hands of individual families to ascertain whether or not this is the right choice for them - use of the phrase "prep school" to describe a program that does not produce its own curriculum, employ its own faculty, offer a classical education (not consistent with "common core" offered in a public school environment), offer heightened student/faculty interaction, or offer (or, in the case of most prep schools, mandate) students participate in a variety of nonacademic activities is disingenuous at best.

I absolutely believe there is a place for the product that THA is developing in the hockey community, but am troubled by its decision to hold itself out in a manner inconsistent with that product.  I would strongly encourage THA to develop a clear and honest communication with respect to its product and believe that it will see much of the criticism present within the California hockey community dissipate because, whether or not it is right for a particular player and family, all will understand that THA is in fact the product it claims to be.

Does this keep your pathetic self up at night? What are you a Wave parent? LMAO